The following tools and techniques are recommended by Atlanta IT Service free of use. Each addresses some of the most common issues we see every day in the support field. Need more full service or hands-on maintenance and solutions? Contact Atlanta IT Services; trusted, certified, professional Information Technology support
Remote Support Tools
- Remote Help Desk Client: Desktop sharing client & does not require installation, simply run.
- Visitor IP: Get your current IP address and other information.
- Remote Support Cross Client: Simple VNC CrossLoop Client designed for desktop sharing.
- Remote Support Mac Client: For use with the assistance of a support staff member.
- Show my pc for Windows: For use with the assistance of a support staff member.
- Show my pc for Mac: For use with the assistance of a support staff member.
Spyware Detection & Removal Tools
- Spybot Search & Destroy: Spybot is a great spyware removal tool that we have had a lot of success using. It can be configured for automatic scans, removal of anything found, updating and immunizing without any user interaction and it does a great job recording everything to a simple to read log file.
- ATF Cleaner: Great utility for quickly deleting all temp files and folders. Good
idea before and after cleaning a virus or unwanted programs from your computer
to be sure nothing unpacks later and re-installs it's self.
- Secure Desktop and UAC: This registry edit disables Secure Desktop and
UAC in Vista and Windows 7. It can be helpful when trying to run unattended removal scripts for spyware or malware. After importing in to the registry a reboot is required.
- Numeric Lock Help for Windows Clients: Automatically turns your Num Locks on before the login screen.
- Atlanta IT Service Disk Care Script: After installing the Disk Care Script on a Windows XP computer, click Start, Run and type "tasks" then choose OK when prompted. Next, you should see "DiskCareAITS" double-click it and set a password. If your machine is left on overnight it will run about once a month. If not you may launch manually, by clicking Start, Programs, Accessories and "CheckYourDisk". Allow this process to run for and hour
or two. When it is finished the computer will be at the login screen to login to Windows.
Also works with Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Technician Login : Access to
custom Atlanta I.T. Service Server Support, Firewall and Network
Customer Pickup Login : Access to specific software and information for your company
Disclaimer: Unless stated otherwise, these pages, the programs presented and their sources are copyrighted freeware. Use them entirely at your own risk. The author cannot be held responsible for any damage, direct nor consequential, caused by the use of, or inability to use the techniques or programs presented here, nor the programs' sources or part of the sources. Use of any of the techniques, programs or sources presented here implies agreement with these terms.